We've Gone Green Site Map Contact Us
CRS History CRS Services CRS Benefits Sample Comparison Initiation Form Auto Transport Resource Information Post Move Services Corporate Relocation

Moving Tips Guide

Our Moving Tips Guide is your guide to a smooth move.

>> What To Do When You Know You Are Moving
>> Renting a Tuck vs. hiring a Professional Mover
>> CRS Moving Service
>> Helpful Tools for a Successful Move
>> Binding vs. Non-Binding Estimates
>> Packing Preparation
>> Self Pack vs Mover Pack
>> Appliances, Electronics, & Liability
>> Full Value Protection
>> Paying for Your Move
>> The Paperwork
>> Utility Termination
>> Departure Arrangements
>> Car Moving Company
>> Packing Day
>> Loading Day
>> Delivery Day
>> What If Your Shipment is Delayed
>> Unpacking
>> Public/Self Storage Delivery
>> Mover Storage
>> Damage Claims
>> Missing Items

Full Value Protection
Through CRS’ national account contracts you are provided with the maximum protection for your belongings. CRS movers are contracted to provide up to $75,000 in full replacement valuation on interstate moves at no cost to you (actual coverage is calculated at a rate of $5 per pound). If you feel that your shipment is worth more than the maximum $5 per pound, you may purchase additional coverage. Be advised that the movers may require documentation proving that the additional coverage is warranted. At the mover’s discretion, any articles that are lost, damaged, or destroyed will be either repaired, replaced with a like item, or a cash settlement will be made for the current market replacement value. The mover retains salvage rights if they provide full settlement on a damaged item.

Even with full value protection the movers are permitted to limit their liability for loss or damage to articles of extraordinary value, unless you specifically list these articles on your shipping documents. An article of extraordinary value is any item that’s value exceeds $100 per pound. Ask the mover for a complete explanation of this limitation before you move. It is your responsibility to know this provision and to make the necessary declaration required of the mover.

We always suggest that you continue your current personal property coverage through your current homeowners or tenant policy throughout the move. Speak with your insurance carrier about this coverage during your move.


CRS History • CRS ServicesCRS BenefitsSample ComparisonInitiation Form
Auto TransportResource Information • Post Move ServicesCorporate Relocation Contact Us

616 Main Street • PO Box 27 • Weston, Vermont 05161 • E-mail Us
Consumers Relocation Services, Inc is a licensed transportation broker- MC269094
©2013 Consumers Relocation Services, Inc. • Site by: J.E.G. Design, Inc.